Wednesday 1 September 2010

First night on half dose

Today is the first time I am reducing the odse of mirtazapine with the hope of comng off completely within a month.

I have been on these tablets for 28 months and they have worked in the capacity they were prescribed for, namely anxiety symptoms. They also helped with reducing the catastrophic thinking. Neither has gone completely but I feel that life is much more balanced and it is time to try and cope without medication.

The main reason prompting me to do this is the weight gain of around 20 pounds to the 13 stone I am now, inspite of all the exercise I do. Run 3 times a week and gym work 4 times a week as well as walking the hounds every day.

I am currently taking 45 mg pd and Doc has advised me to take half a tablet every other night for a week and then for 2 night to one full one for another week and then down to half for a week and then stop.

I am concerned with the withdrawl symptoms and Im hoping they aren't bad enough to stop me trying.

There is nothing too bad coming up to get stressed about apart from dentist but Im still anxious even on medication so it isn't going to make too much different hopefully and the exercise should really help.

Tonight is the first night.

No comments:

Post a Comment